Saturday, May 1, 2010

Today I Must Be Cliche'

As I got off the phone he could tell that my countenance fell
That my normal melancholy phlegmatic persona had left
He said to me “you look like you lost your best friend”
I did, sort of, not my best, but one of my closest.

You see it was she who walked by my side everywhere I would go
It was she who missed me when I was on the go
It was she who waited by the door for me to return
It was she who missed me and by her looks forlorn
It was she who protected me when she felt something was wrong
It was she who awakened me in the early morn

Today, for me, a dog day in hell
Minutes before I received the call my day was going well
in my mind though, I can’t let sleeping dogs lie
I’d be lying to myself if I didn’t so inside I cry
But I do lie like a dog
So now I am sick as a dog
And I wish I was treated like a dog
For at times I did her unjust
It’s a dog eat dog world
So I must do what I must
And I owe it to her to lie down with the dogs and get up with fleas
I’ve have to accept these feelings inside me
Before I can find peace

Then he said to me “smile it won’t kill ya”
But you can’t teach an old dog new tricks
Right now I need a fix
To get over losing my bitch
She died like a dog chasing cars
Leaving many scars
Me feeling ass backwards
Like the tail that wagged the dog
I am clouded by fog
So I run like a scalded dog
To bite the hands that feed me
And now the hair of the dog that bit me
Encourages me, uplifts me
A integral part of my own history
Thinking on the days when she was with me
I smile
Cause she inhumanly gave me the understanding
Of infinite love unconditionally…Roxxy

No comments:

Post a Comment