Saturday, May 1, 2010

Evolution of Music in The Soul

I see it now
The vibrato
The movement of the notes
The fluctuations in the tones
The life in sound
The sound in life
The pin drop...ting
We put them to words
I see it now,
I can read it now
Dooo weeee, do weee
This sound do we sing
I see mama's joyful expression
Dooo weee, dooo weeee
Bop bop bop
There it was our procession
Me and mama running
To the knock knock knock
At the door
And the squeeeeek of the hinges
Is that flat or is it sharp?
I know the glass that claaang was
Sharp, all of the shards were
And the staccato of her scream was soprano
And this time silence wasn't golden
Although they rang out
the sounds of those words were torment
I tried to translate her expressions
Into the eighth, the half, the whole notes
But she was not whole no more
And I was confused some more
And I was no longer sure
Were we still treble cleffin, g cleffin?
No today will end in bass
I can see it now
I can see the sound
Of life and death
In between the joy and the pain
In the midst of the laughter and rain
Amongst the budding of baby's breath in autumn
I can see clearly now the sounds in the guitar, the drums, the cymbals, they keys
And how a soul can bleed
And how we begin to see the music in our lives
The music in our sadness
The music in our disappointment
The music in our sorrow
No this is not a sad song
But a life song
When life does you wrong
When we are thronged and poked and prodded with tongs
When the lifeless tears from mama's eyes
Sang to me, a close love one died
The music in my heart and soul came alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment