Sunday, May 23, 2010

Man of Pencil, Man of Ink

I was drawn in, sketched in
A rough draft, a brain storm
An incomplete thought, an image from within
I was dreamed about, thought about
Shaped an molded within the mind
Balled up, tossed away
Recreated in a new way.

I was smeared, and scribbled on
Blown away by the wind
Chewed up by the dog
Trampled on by the crowd
I was copied, duplicated for the masses
Stapled, folded and creased,
Used as airplanes in many classes.

I was the memo that said your fired
The pamphlet that said narcolepsy is tired
The post card from Hawaii
The bill from the cable guy “It said your cable has been expired”
I am the rejection letter from the school you wanted to attend
I am the congratulation letter from the contest you wanted to win
I am the adolescent note “Do you like me check yes or no”
I am the post it note on your desk “damn where did it go!”
I am your things to do today, tomorrow, this week
I am the label on your favorite cd

I change everyday
You create me in your mind
I am the lyrics to your favorite ballad
You love my words when you try to unwind
A love song that’s meaningful to you
I am man created in the image of God
Forever enhancing in knowledge and wisdom
Continually being re-written in ink and in pencil
I am God’s masterpiece, ever being sculpted and molded
I am a man of pencil, a man of ink
And Jesus is my stencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment