Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jade's Epiphany

Blatantly she said to him
“what have you done to me?
I seem to be lost in a unknown world
You have flattered me with your words
You have catered to my curves
You have given to me
Daily affection
Something no man has ever done for me
You listen to my many voices
Give me words of compassion
My voice of reason
When I am confused about my choices
Who am I to rejoice less?”
He looked at her for what seemed just a moment
Like an eternity in an exotic tropical climate
She was caught in his stare
Bewildered and in beware
Not quite knowing how he was going to react
Not quite knowing if any words she could retract
And then he smiled showing his pearly whites
And a overwhelming sense of comfort
Moved upon her in flight
And he said,
“I have done nothing but be myself
You my dear are every word I’ve flattered you with
This I can attest
Your curves are part of a perfect sculpture
Created by God himself
To adore them, for me, is being blessed
My affection and my ears belong to you
I truly care for you
I aim to lead for our best interest
This is what a good man should do
So my dear I ask you
Where do we go from here?
With our feelings on the table,
From whence do we go next?
We’ve played the game of cat and mouse
Conversing daily, a dialogue spouse
Pretzel tangling and tantric sex
But I want so much more
Than this single celled subject
More than just a friend
More than a confidant
More than a part time lover
More than a date for a debutant
For years we have been friends
Though sexual encounters we’ve had many
not enough intimacy to close the divide
I began to accept this might not be
Good and plenty”
Jade looked down at her feet
Not quite sure how to respond
Blake held her chin in his hands
And lifted her head,
Looked deep into her eyes one more time
And knew that she loved him
Though he could sense the fear
He saw her fumbling with her hands
So he pulled her near
And whispered this into her ear
“In no way did I mean to put you on the spot
I just needed to let you know
That for you I am boiling hot,
There’s no need to answer me now
Take your time to meditate on this matter
Take your time for your emotions to be gathered
I need for you to be rational
I can’t have you making decisions
Like you were the mad hatter”
Jade looked at him and smiled a little bit
And said
“Blake, I am going to take your advice
I am going to sleep on this tonight
I really need to sort out my wants and my desires
And I am feeling a little tired, so give me my hug
Give me my kiss so I can retire!”
Blake wrapped his arms around Jade
Gave her the biggest strongest hug that he could give
The kind of hug you give a person before you go away for a long time
As he began to break apart from her he kissed her
And the two remained locked for what seemed an eternity’s time.
While still locked began to open their eyes
And they both took a deep breath
Not at all surprised
That this intense moment held no disguise
And the minute his pants began to rise
He never lost sight of what attracted his eyes
Her eyes
Looking deep into his soul,
feeling the beat of his heart with each blink of his eyes
they were becoming one.
Blake who spent every moment of the waking sun
Maintaining his business and always on the run.
Jade was all he could think about,
He just wished she would venture in this bout
He knew with her, that it wasn’t about the clout
Wasn’t totally about his money nor his success
And they always had good sex
So damn what could it be?
That she felt the need
To keep him at a distance.
At times he felt as if he were over seas
But tonight he was seeing her love for him was true
And as they both withdrew
They both knew
And the realization
Was a vaccination
And their hearts were being healed
Like the flu
Love was among them
And neither of them quite knew what to do

Jade held his hands as look as she could
As the departed from their embrace
Her thoughts began to race
An epiphany took place
Tonight she would kneel down
And seek god’s face
She knew she loved this man
But wasn’t sure if she could give up the tapes
Open up herself to him
Tell him that she’d been raped
That her momma’s boyfriend seemed like an ape
When he crawled on top of her when she was only 8
A part of her thought that Blake would look at her in disgrace
She always knew this moment would come
And this was the time for her not to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment