Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Love Deferred

Ever have deep feelings for someone but they don't feel the same connection...

It is my experience that dreams come true/a dream deferred came tru when I dreamt of you/love stories tell the tale of the inexperienced few/& butterflies float above the calm waters/ tears that cry from me not having you/a love deferred/ a love submerged/in everlasting giving of self/when love is not returned/a simple like/infatatuation and the hike/up the long mountain/i strive to find the potion/to gain a small flask from the fountain/for you to sip/and say I love you too/but my search is in vain/for it exists like purple rain/& the pain in my heart remains & leaves an ugly stain/that puts a smile on my face full of disdain/my love deferred has sung like a caged bird and now my heart sings no more/on my knees face to the floor/praying for strength to endure.

1 comment: