Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fasting

There's a drought within, an emptiness inside, outside there's turmoil, a need for intervention, my limited power is not enough, so there must be drastic change to alter the current circumstance, my belief relies on a higher power greater than the abilities of self, to Him I pray daily, placing my burdens upon Him, resolving the conflicts and struggles within, I fast, I separate mind body and spirit to elevate to another level, another astral plain, meditating on things above, freeing my body from impurities, I fast, take away my physical desire, for man can not live on bread alone, but on the Word of life I feast, Gods comandments I keep, to be closer to my Lord I fast, cleansing my spirit, refusing temptation, choosing determination to succeed, deciding on what I truly desire and going forth, to pursue, listening to the voice of the Lord for direction and instruction, removing all outer distractions, meditating, and containing my negative actions and reactions, I fast, asking God to remove those things in me in which he is displeased, like David I want to be made whole, be cleansed, made as white as snow, pure in the site of my Lord, and so I fast from consuming impurities, I fast from regurgitating positivity, I fast from giving the body what it desires, I fast by the strength of mind, by choice I refuse to indulge, by preference I lift Jehovah's name by giving the essence of myself! And so I fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment