Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lonely Night

1 is the magic number,
tonight i lack slumber
so i wonder
why on this night undercover
do i seek to be held by another,
happy with myself by myself
but i long to be held close by another
who is softer, my comforter
but not my blanket,
though i am kept warm by her,
her scent is like aromatherapy
relaxing every last particle in me.
where is she?
where could she be?
in her bed thinking of me?
laying awake just like me?
daydreaming of being in my arms,
snuggling under the heat with me?
unfortunately 1 is the magic number,
i alone,
she alone,
one specially
spiritually,
soulfully
designed for me.

the neo-soul tries to lullaby,
but i am wise to the disguise
of keeping my mind occupied
on what i do not have.
a lover here with me,
Jill Scott talking about her crown royal
and i rise to get a glass of moscato
wishing i was on the giving end,
the receiving end
of a glamorous diamond shining bright
in this darkness that i sit in,
wondering when,
when will it be my time to shine
with my bling bling on my arm,
not a rock
but a person worthy of singing love songs to me.
Chrisette Michelle is too far away,
i need someone closer
to whisper this kind of floetry to me,
my soul is on fire with desire,
i am hard wired for love to transpire,
my need is dire,
tonight i am the tagged crier,
i am it,
frozen by the touch of loneliness,
doomed to remember as i look to my left,
look to my right and see that
there is still emptiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment