Saturday, June 12, 2010

Star Gazer

When it came to you I used to be the moon
For me u always made some room
I used to float with the clouds
And to my dismay we reside in a shroud
Neglecting all reflective light
Seems like we've given up the fight
And now we stand facing one another in the ring
Waiting 4 the bell to ring
Confused as to whether the fight has just begun
Or is it over & neither of us has won
Both losers in this fight for love
What happened to our stars above
We can't give up, that's not what we're made of
I used to see constellations when looking into ur eyes
And nowadays we can't see eye to eye
Can u spy with your little I
Indescretion
Insecurity
Infidelity
Lack of intimacy
Immaturity
Inconsistancy
All of these have been you & me
Incomplete
No more sparkles, no more shine
No more sight, we both are blind
Only see what we want to see & many days that does not include you, that does not include me
The beast has become a monstrosity
The flowers are wilting, void of beauty
Void of color, void of life
Lonely husband. Hurting wife
The clouds have covered up the sky
No more wishes, no more tries
No I wish I may I wish I might
I'm still the moon but the stars are gone on this cloudy night!

2 comments:

  1. Wow,just a multitude of emotions. In this piece of art you've shown frustration, disappointment, despair,and yet so much hidden hope. Whether written for a friend or through personal experiences, I would hope that the significant other eventually recognizes this overwhelming & obvious "NEED" being expressed by their partner.
    Well written my "wonder twin" you are.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fam... I read your words probably too well. Imagery is bananas, rhythm is very intense. Wow, just wow.

    ReplyDelete